It's official. It's been 4 months since my last hospital stay and I've finally had it up to HERE with this stupid pooch that I acquired. I thought over time that it would disappear, much like the 10 pounds of Prednisone water weight that I gained and lost fairly quickly, since I actually ate less and did more physical therapy while admitted than in my usual day-to-day routine. But try as I might, it refuses to let my pants fit comfortably and makes for a pretty grumpy Farrel while sitting at my work desk or attempting to squeeze into my favorite jeans.
So, today being the first day of the month, partnered with my OCDness about things starting on a proper schedule, I got off my lazy butt and did something about it. I went to Kroger and stocked up on healthier meal and snack options (fresh veggies, Odwalla smoothies, avocados, Triscuits, yogurt, etc)...Stopped by the gym on my way home from work and did 30 minutes of brisk walking cardio while watching my Rangers spank Tampa Bay (Again. Woot!)...And received the green light to begin Isagenix, a full-body cleanse to get rid of pesky toxins and hopefully my caffeine and sugar addictions too. Snacks today consisted of granola bars and yogurt instead of crackers and Fruity Pebbles and dinner was whole grain pasta in a garlic and olive oil spaghetti sauce with fresh Bella mushrooms and grilled chicken cooked in. I was also advised to start drinking Muscle Milk after my workouts for the calories and sheer amount of protein that they contain and I've felt better today than I have in months. I've had more energy, been in a better mood, my mind has seemed sharper and more clear and even though I'm still fighting the annoyance of the tummy, I've felt lighter and less puffy. Next up, I hope to resume biking and introduce yoga and maybe Zumba into my routine for added fitness, increased lung function and most of all, to break up the monotony of exercising. I wish my cysters Afton and Jessica lived closer so I could give their yoga classes a try! But for now, I guess I'm just going to have to trust a local ;)
So long story short...Don't be stubborn, Prednisone Pooch. It may take a few weeks, but you won't win this one. It's better to arrive late to swimsuit season than to not show up at all.
![]() | |
| Bon Appetit! :) |
So long story short...Don't be stubborn, Prednisone Pooch. It may take a few weeks, but you won't win this one. It's better to arrive late to swimsuit season than to not show up at all.

I am right there with you on this one... Since I started my mycobacterium treatment in September I've put on about 10 lbs. that I'm determined to get off. I'm going to look into that cleanse!
ReplyDeleteI'm from Cleveland...and my Indians are playing your Rangers for the next few days. We're going to the game on Saturday. I'd like to say good luck, but I really hope we sweep the series!
Haha good luck to your Indians! They're going to need it! ;) Just playin'...It should be a good series. Have fun at the game! I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the cleanse so you can see if it's something you'd be interested in when you're finished with your treatment.
ReplyDeleteI wrote a comment earlier then went back and didn't like it anymore so... I decided to try again :) I was unsuccessfully multitasking...
ReplyDeleteI wish I lived closer to you too- Yoga is the best and it is also so relaxing yet can be challenging at the same time :)
I been going to Zumba this summer and I love it- it is really hard and so easy to get out of breath but I feel so great that I did it afterwards- even though I sweat so much I look like I showered in my clothes- so try it :) so much fn.
I also have gained weight this summer- I have been in a forced sit since May (blood clot junk) but am now released to exercise. I know you know but I'm still excited. It's hard to get back in the "healthy routine" again and eat healthy hey- fruity pebbles taste so good.
Love you!!!