Show of hands...How many of you just read that title Princess Bride style?
Blame it on my inherently emotional Pisces nature, but I'm with my future husband Mr Depp in believing that a life without love is meaningless and empty. Don't be mistaken...I am NOT solely referring to romantic relationships. Giving and receiving love between friends, family, romantic partners and fellow mankind in general is, in my opinion, what makes life worth living. Whether it be camaraderie with friends during a night out, randomly helping a stranger, reconnecting with family over the holidays, hearing "I love you" from that special someone or contributing to a Habitat for Humanity project, love in all shapes and forms is the only thing in this world that can cover up all pain and negativity and make life feel wonderful again.
So someone please explain to me why some are so averse to it. Terrified of it. Will do absolutely anything they can to run from it, including responding to those who attempt to show them love from the opposite end of the spectrum: Anger, cruelty, indifference and defiance. There are so many horrible things in this world that mankind tolerates every day and yet we fight God's greatest, purest blessing? It's inconceivable to me. But, "There by the grace of God go I". It is not my place to judge or to change...Only to love anyway.
Never use the words "I love you" loosely. If you speak them, practice them. And if someone says them to you, realize how blessed you are, refrain from shutting yourself off to it...And maybe even try letting down your defenses and reciprocating it. True happiness, in its simplest form, stems from love in one way or another. Be happy. Always.
Blame it on my inherently emotional Pisces nature, but I'm with my future husband Mr Depp in believing that a life without love is meaningless and empty. Don't be mistaken...I am NOT solely referring to romantic relationships. Giving and receiving love between friends, family, romantic partners and fellow mankind in general is, in my opinion, what makes life worth living. Whether it be camaraderie with friends during a night out, randomly helping a stranger, reconnecting with family over the holidays, hearing "I love you" from that special someone or contributing to a Habitat for Humanity project, love in all shapes and forms is the only thing in this world that can cover up all pain and negativity and make life feel wonderful again.
So someone please explain to me why some are so averse to it. Terrified of it. Will do absolutely anything they can to run from it, including responding to those who attempt to show them love from the opposite end of the spectrum: Anger, cruelty, indifference and defiance. There are so many horrible things in this world that mankind tolerates every day and yet we fight God's greatest, purest blessing? It's inconceivable to me. But, "There by the grace of God go I". It is not my place to judge or to change...Only to love anyway.
Never use the words "I love you" loosely. If you speak them, practice them. And if someone says them to you, realize how blessed you are, refrain from shutting yourself off to it...And maybe even try letting down your defenses and reciprocating it. True happiness, in its simplest form, stems from love in one way or another. Be happy. Always.

No comments:
Post a Comment